Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tummy bug strikes again!

I spoke too soon...

Amani came down with the (suspected) same bug... How did we know? She woke up at 5.30am yesterday, and threw up all over Hubby (and our bed... huwaaa!!! The smell of the cod liver oil she ate the night before was so very strong!) Poor thing, she partially threw up while still lying down, so ended up with a lot of the vomit on her face and in her hair, besides the rest being spewed on her poor father. Hubby had to give her a shower so early in the morning, plus shampoo her hair. The clincher that she had the same bug we all did, was the pseudo-diarrhea later on.... had to put her in diapers again (taken from Adik's stash of course) to be on the safe side... Her reaction to the diaper proposal was a surprised 'Eh?' Not a shocker, isn't it, considering she's been fully toilet-trained since she was 3! Hehehe... sian anak mama... the indignity of being a diapered kid again!

It became quite clear that we were going to see Dr Altaf that morning... our regular schedule was out the window, what with cleaning up the vomit, Febreze-ing the bed, washing the vomit-stained clothes and blanket - all before taking our own showers! We eventually left our place at 7am. Omigod! The crawl on the Federal Highway was just torture! I just can't understand how a colleague who stays in Shah Alam as well can leave home at 7am and reach KLCC around 8.30. It took us 1 hour just to get from Shah Alam to Taman Tun!

Amani threw up again in the car, and again after her light breakfast... by this time we're pretty sure she'd have to stay home from school. Since Hubby has a big meeting today, and I've got a program taking place tomorrow, our duty roster was decided thus: Hubby would stay with her on Monday, and I'll take my turn on Tuesday if she's still not fully recovered.

So guess where I am today? At home, with my darling daughter!!! Thankfully she's getting better, but we felt it's better to be very sure that she's OK before we send her back to school... She's had her breakfast (2 pieces of chocolate-smeared toast), taken her bath, and is now lying in front of the TV watching 'Animals are Amazing'.

What about work? I've got things that I need to do (don't we always?), but work will never end... Right now my daughter needs me, and I'm gonna be there for her...

No comments:

Post a Comment