Sunday, February 22, 2009

Servicing required....

Huwaaa... my beloved brand new lappy has to be sent for service!!!

My cute little lappy (well, technically it's a netbook, not a laptop, so should I be calling it lappy?) is just over a month old. Unfortunately, the trackpad (mousepad) is no longer working for some reason... At first I thought it was a software or driver problem, so I downloaded the driver and re-installed it, but to no avail. Got my brother to take a look at it as well, and still no go. As a last resort, I brought it back to Harvey Norman to ask the tech guy to check it out.... his verdict? Yep, it's definitely a hardware issue, since he unsuccessfully tried various means to bring the pad back to life.

To be honest, a plugged in mouse works just fine in its place, but isn't it funny for me to not be able to use the trackpad? Takkan la all the time nak guna external mouse kan? Sometimes it's just more cumbersome to use an external mouse...

Anyway, the nice tech guy (the same guy who sold it to me) said I could just drop off the lappy now, but since it was almost the weekend, I thought I'd just hold on to it first and use it during the weekend, and send it in on Sunday (today!!!) So this evening, I'll be making my way back to the store to repair my pink darling (yep, it's pink, and I'm proud of it! :p), and hopefully they'll get it back to me in 2 weeks' time or less...

Now how am I gonna last a week or more without my lappy? Help!!!!!!!

Update ----> have decided not to send my lappy in for servicing now... am waiting till after the Maulidur Rasul holiday before trying to survive without it... hehehe... it's a long weekend!!! I need my lappy then!

2 comments:

  1. i'll link ur blog to mine, ok kah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. boleh... actually i've linked yours to mine without asking (so sorry!) cos i love reading what you write hehe...

    ReplyDelete