Thursday, February 26, 2009

Are you brand loyal?

Me? Yes, I admit I am... if I like a particular brand, then I'll stick to it no matter what people say. I especially hate it when people start dissing what it is that I like, without a valid reason.

Example? Tudungs. I am a Munawwarah fan, I'm proud to declare. If you see me at work, you'll see me in various shades and types of Munawwarah tudungs... is it because I'm a snob? No... I just love the ease & simplicity of the products! They make my mornings so much easier!

Now, the reason why I stick to Munawwarah, and ONLY Munawwarah, for the particular styles that I wear, again, is simple. QUALITY. Of course, with that, comes the price. I mean, you can't get good quality at pasar malam prices can you? Not that I haven't been tempted to buy any of the imitation products... I have, but I just never actually made the purchase, cos I just can't close my eyes to the difference in quality.

Anyway, that's my personal choice, so lantak la kan... and I don't care when I see others wearing the imitation stuff, cos to each his own budget and preferences... but as a loyal customer, it pi$$es me off to no end to see & hear other people promoting their replicas, and at the same time badmouthing the original! I mean, hello! If it weren't for that, where do you think it'd come from??

I absolutely hate it when people start saying 'This one is worth buying... I've bought Munawwarah tudungs before, but this new item is a better buy cos it's the same quality, but cheaper'.... 'I paid so much for the tudung, but the awning patah'... 'It's supposed to be good quality, so I'm surprised it got berbulu even though I only washed it a few times'.... Look people, just because the quality is already good doesn't mean that you can simply plonk it down willy-nilly and not get the awning all bent! It also doesn't mean that you can simply sling bags across your body & chest, rubbing against the tudung till the material is stressed out (aw, you know what I mean kan...), and then claim the price you paid doesn't correspond to the quality. And you know why it's cheaper? Cos you only copied the design! Sometimes it's not even cheaper, if you compare them apple-to-apple...

Forgive my emotional rantings hehehe... but I say, if you wanna hawk your product, don't pour sand into other people's rice bowl la... it's not professional, and it's distasteful. Find other ways to promote your stuff. And to those who've bought the tudungs and made remarks similar to the above, I say take a look at how you handled the stuff first before blaming it on the items... after all, BMW owners don't simply lenjan their expensive wheels even though they're top-notch, right? You gotta give it love & care folks...

Hehehe... anyway, that's just me, and just one brand... don't get me started on any others that I favor :p Lest anyone thinks I'm a fanatic & lazybum who loves the sarung-kepala-aje kind of tudung, I do wear the usual styles as well hehehe, so there is some variety there ok...

Anyone else have strong feelings about this?

4 comments:

  1. when i first heard of the price of munaw-i was like mak aii mahalnya (coz at that time i pakai bawal)
    but bila dah cuba, no turning back!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totalllyyyyyyy agree!!!! cheers!!!
    i paling 'menyampah' bila orang yang tak pakai tudung munaw tetiba kata "buat apalah beli tudung mahal2... mende ni trend aje... nanti takde treand, rugi je"... hello!!! others may buy similar type of tudungs coz of trend, but not me... i buy them for its practicality... ada i mintak duit u nak beli tudung? takde kan? so senyap dahla... betul tak? duit i... suka hati i laaa... kan?

    i memang selalu dapat remark macam ni...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mrs noba,
    tu la... bile fikirkan, mmg macam mahal, but once you're hooked, there's no looking back! :)

    n.i.
    hanya org yg mmg ikut trend aje will make that kind of remark... kite yg mmg pakai, peduli apa trend ke tak, cos we know it suits us, and it's convenient to us... amat sesuai for me yg malas nak bersiap depan cermin lelama everyday hehehe...

    all munaw fans, unite!

    ReplyDelete