Sunday, July 26, 2009

Gearing up for a Confrontation...

Psyching myself up for a showdown with....................................................




























The TAX MAN!!


Why, you may ask?

I got a letter in the mail yesterday, stating that I have to make a CP 38 deduction on my salary ASAP... the icing on the 'lovely' statement said, if there's a delay, I'll be charged an additional % on top of that amount!

Now, you may sense that I'm more than slightly p1ssed by this notice. Why I want to go head to head with the tax man is because, I've been a diligent taxpayer my entire working life (the only year I missed was the year I started working, and my total income for that year was not even enough to be taxable!) I submit my income tax returns within the deadline every year, and even pay the excess that's due within the same given deadline! And I'm d4mned sure that I've paid off everything that I owe! So to simply get this notice is mind-boggling, not to mention insulting! - yeah, yeah, I'm a nerd, and very skema... very by the book punye orang, what to do... hehehe...

I'm just wondering which year this amount was supposedly due from... I'm thinking it could be from the year I filed my taxes under my own tax number, and the amount of PCB that I've deducted to this account was not reconciled with the taxes that I've filed and paid in the joint account no with Hubby (can anyone tell me if this could happen? Dulu I've asked the LHDN hotline about this, and the person told me it should be OK cos the accounts are linked by my IC no, so all my payments should be reconciled against all the different accounts... was I told the correct thing???)

Anyway, before I go head-to-head with the officer at the agency, I have to dig up all my income tax submissions from year 2004... since I started using e-filing, I have the forms in softcopy, but for the ones before that, they're all in a file at work. So the earliest I can go over is on Tuesday.

It took my mom more than 1 year (even after writing a letter to the biggest boss in the agency too!) to settle her tax matters and get her refund upon her retirement, so I am NOT looking forward to this encounter...

*sigh*... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment