Thursday, July 30, 2009

Floored by a Bug (2nd time this year!)

Hubby's been the lucky one so far... he's the only one who's managed to evade being infected by whatever bug it is that's infected our 2 kids as well as yours truly.

Amani got hit first... she began vomiting in the very very early hours of Saturday (we ended up sleeping outside in front of the TV at my parents' place and gave my dad a shock at dawn hehe), had a slight case of diarrhea and continued with up-n-down fever all through the weekend... she skipped school on Monday to fully recover.

When we got ready to go to work on Tuesday, Adik pulak started purging (3x before we even left our place! Our bed was a mess, believe me... had to do laundry pulak pepagi buta...) and eventually he stayed at home that day. Luckily Hubby has lots of days off still, so he stayed home for both days.

I went to work and spent Tuesday feeling very 'sebu', as if I ate the wrong thing that gave me tons of wind (at first I blamed it on the banana I ate that morning for breakfast), but by the time I got home, I was feeling even worse... my head felt like a band was slowly being tightened around it, and I nearly threw up when the doctor did the checkup... So I ended up staying at home yesterday too, together with Adik. Can you imagine what it was like to take care of a sick kid who was not behaving sickly, while not being well yourself????? He was purging every few hours, and I had to change him before the contents spilled out (yeah, gross, I know heheh) and also irritate his skin. We spent the whole day watching Toy Story 2 (interspersed with Elmo & the Bookananeers [Adik's version of Bookaneers] and a Reader's Digest Animals are Amazing video) in between trips to the bathroom for both of us. For the record, I absolutely hate throwing up and purging, OK? Especially when I didn't get any diarrhea medicine as well!

Today my fever and heachache has subsided, but I'm still at home - my tummy's still acting up... both kids are at school though, unless we get a phone call sometime today saying Adik's not well. Adik wasn't purging anymore, and he never ran a fever to begin with, so we felt he was fine already since the doc gave the bug about 2 days to run its course. I'm quite confident that his activeness (ada ke such a word?) and strong constitution has helped him recover faster.

Now I've got a few more hours to rest.... mama dia pulak yang lagi lambat nak baik...

No comments:

Post a Comment