Sunday, June 21, 2009

We had so much fun, we wanna do it again!

We're back from the trip, and it was MARVELLOUS!!!! I recovered from my cold just at the point of arrival at KLIA OK! It was THAT close!

So we went to Bandung for a day trip, and due to the time constraints, had to limit it to visiting only about 4 outlets in total... my buddies memang target nak beli baju-baju semua, so they spent more there... I tried to stock up on the kids' clothes, but for some reason only saw a few that I liked... even so, many of them my parents and brother have bought for the kids during their recent trips, so I ended up only buying several tops and a gorgeous stretchy skirt from t-shirt-like material for myself, plus a pair of jeans for Hubby, t-shirts for the guys & my dad, and some tops for my mom. I did get 2 cute pairs of pants and a t-shirt for Adik, and a t-shirt and a paired Minnie outfit for Kakak, so it wasn't a total loss hehehe... I can tell you, my friends did more damage to their wallets than I did! :)

We actually spent more time (and money!) in Jakarta... our target was fabric, and boy did we buy fabric!!! I guess for those looking for lace, dry-cleaned chiffons and other expensive fabrics, they're gorgeous and affordable too, but they didn't really catch my attention. We were more in love with the cottons from the shops in Pasar Mayestic... so many prints, so many colors!!! I can't speak for my buddies, but I know I bought loads and loads... enough for me to finally retire many of my old baju kurungs and also make some new blouses! I also got some cute fabrics for my mom to make her smocking projects (which most of the time ends up as Amani's anyway, so I might as well chip in with the raw materials kan? ;P) Asalnya nak cari jerseys, but the recommended shops only had plain jerseys and in limited colors, so I only bought 2 pieces (which turned out to be of comparable quality to the expensive ones I bought here, so next time I'll definitely buy more!). We went to Tanah Abang too, but because it was a Sunday, the shops close at 4 so we didn't really get to browse that much. Tapi pening kepala kat sana... too many shops, too many people, too narrow aisles... but those looking for muslimah wear, telekungs and such would have a field day choosing what to buy!

We also squeezed some time to get a facial at Martha Tilaar... memula nak buat massage, but due to the limited time, we went for the facials instead. One of us even finished her facial earlier and managed to get a mani & pedi done as well!! Jealous tul tengok dia enjoy the treatment hehehe...

All in all, we had a fantastic time... and we can't wait to do it again!!!

Kalau sempat nanti, I'll put up pics of the spoils later (but the fabrics je la kot mostly... penuh satu luggage!!!)

*sigh*.... my next phone bill will be a shocker... the kids called every night, and we'd talk for at least 10 mins each time... I should have bought a local prepaid sim! Will do that next time!


We had so much fun on the trip, we're thinking we might wanna do this on an annual basis at least... a shopping trip just for the girls...





Next on the agenda: a family vacation pulak... whoooohoooo!!!!!! Jalan je kerjanye!!!

4 comments:

  1. wohooo!!! u are back bebeh!
    i pun rasa mcm nak buat annual trip jer ke sana. stock up the clothes at least for raya..hahaha!
    welcome back beb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bestnya... bandung & jakarta will be on our anuual agenda as well... i hv x been to jakarta... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaaaaahhhhh!

    so nice!

    btw, can go again together next time as MAS will be flying to Bandung starting next month~!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ladies,

    i had an absolutely fabulous time!!!

    MN, my thoughts precisely! hehehe... that's why for this trip, my friends & i beriya nak pegi before july... boleh sempat cari kain & baju for raya...

    n.i, jakarta mmg best kalau cari kain... abis budget i lari!!! kalau nak gi sightseeing pun best jugak... i have vague memories of taman mini ancol from many many years ago...

    FG, together with the kiddies would be great!! the girls would have a fantastic girly time running around and whispering secrets hehehe... but together with the mommies only pun best jugak :p i'm sure you can get good tix, so we'll definitely hop on that plane :)

    ReplyDelete