Monday, April 20, 2009

My Productive Weekend

A shopping spree at Jakel on Friday gave us the opportunity to work on more tudungs... yeay! I reined in my shopping demons (mainly only cos I've spent so much this month :p), but Kak R really let loose! Hehehe... she's got lots of people in mind to make tudungs for, and she's already got some orders to fulfill as well, so she went a little crazy when buying material... I took 3 pieces of printed jerseys plus 1 of plain white cotton jersey to make Amani's tudung sekolah... yang lain tu tahan tak amik for now cos I've also ordered some fabric from the forum resellers hehehe...

We spent the weekend at my parents', cos with Hariz's viral fever we couldn't go back to any of the other kampungs (it's infectious to kiddies 3 and below, so had to hold off from visiting our newborn niece till yesterday). I really let loose on the fabrics from Friday night... apa lagi kan, dah ada mesin canggih yang I boleh pau :) ... that night I only managed to cut the white cotton jersey into 3 pieces (2 for Amani and 1 for my mom), and couldn't finish putting the awnings on the bodies cos Amani was already cranky and wanted me to go upstairs with her to bed... pepaham aje la kan, konon nak teman dia sampai dia lelap... last-last mamanye pun lelap sekali! Hehehe...

Picked up where I left off on Saturday, and basically cut all the fabrics out and connected them except for the last piece of fabric yang baru sempat potong je but belum cantum with the awning... Sunday morning my mom went to her regular shop untuk jahit tepi, and we continued till petang... it's more of a joint effort, cos I cut everything and piece them together (including the finishing around the face), and my mom does the finishing around the edges with the twin needle. I tried, believe me, but I guess the machine doesn't want to cooperate with me that much on the edging... so after numerous unpickings, fabric getting stuck in the machine and 'beautiful, flowery language' from my mouth, I left that part of the job to my mom :p

By the time we left for home yesterday evening, the 3 cotton tudungs are done, plus 2 printed ones (mine la, Mama buatkan I punya dulu heheh). The other 3 are with my mom for the finishing touches, and I just have to put the last 2 awnings together with the bodies so that my mom can send them for jahit tepi the next time she has her smocking project to work on...

Hajat di hati nak buat the last 2 sambil jaga Amani, tapi kesian pulak anak dara tu nanti bising satu rumah bunyi mesin... tunggu petang skit once she wakes up from her nap la jawabnya...

All in all, not bad la jugak kan? Very productive weekend, no? In total now I've got 5 pieces to call my own, plus the ones made for Amani and Mama, and I'm getting a total rush from doing all the work and seeing the final product! It felt good to do some work and to see the actual result in front of me, as opposed to some (most?) of the work that I do on a daily basis that takes up so much time but yet has no (or minimal) visible outcome...

Is that an indication of my inclination towards work? Am I, if not a salaried employee, more predisposed to go into something that produces a clear product as opposed to providing services? Definitely something to ponder on... my career path is not yet fully defined as yet... we'll see how that goes...




The only shortcoming was... I had to concentrate on the sewing, so Hubby and my brother spent a lot of time with the kids... I missed out on that... not fun at all... so payah la skit if I nak buat part-time business that'll take away my time with the kiddies... so how?

3 comments:

  1. hmmm..

    does this mean i'm gonna get a tudung for my birthday?!

    hahahhaa...

    babe,any 'work' will keep us away from our babies.

    no-2-way about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rajinnyaaaa!!! kagumnyaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fairy GM,

    Want one? Hehehehe... am getting quite a kick out of this beb!

    n.i.,

    dah semangat hehehe.... am very determined that this will not be a hangat-hangat taik ayam venture :p

    ReplyDelete