Saturday, March 14, 2009

That time of year... part 2

I knew it (insert cynical laugh here)...

Had a quick discussion with my boss right before we left the office last night... well, she said it's just a comment on my writeup, not yet a proper discussion...

But anyway... from the onset I could already get a sense of how she's going to do the appraisal...

I think I'm already immune to this by now, having 'suffered' the same way twice now... so the third time's not gonna break my spirit, would it?

All I know is.... as a superior, whatever you do, you should be fair to those who work with you, regardless of what the final outcome is. Rate people accordingly based on the results against the agreed standards, that's all.... please don't give excuses etc etc... don't say 'In the future, it'll be easier for you to get excellent ratings in your new position' - are you then saying it's hard for me to get it now, despite what I've achieved? Oh yea, that's right... you did say that... silly me... I can already see what's gonna take place, but time will show whether my hunch was right or wrong.

Never mind... I know what I've done, I know the efforts I've made... my rezeki is in the hands of a Higher Power...

I have always given my own staff their due recognition... insya-Allah I'll never forget to do that, despite whatever other people do to me...

Hai... camana la agaknya the actual discussion will be like?

No comments:

Post a Comment