Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sick & tired...

You name it, I've got it.... fever? Check! Cough? Check! Phlegm? Check! Very sore throat? Check that too... Runny nose/sneezing? Yep... Tight chest & difficulty breathing... All in....

At the moment I'm lying on the couch propped up by a huge cushion... the chest tightness is slightly better after 2 puffs of Ventolin, and the runny nose is manageable while I'm on my back... after almost a week away from home, we are now back at our own place to do some laundry and general house-cleaning... but I just don't have the energy to do anything other than lie down for now... my poor Hubby's had to do some funky arrangements with the extension cords due to a blown fuse (or is it several too-sensitive fuses?) that's disrupting the power supply to the washing machine...

I willed myself to stay at work on Friday, with the hope that the weekend will give me enough rest to be OK by Monday... at the moment I'm not even sure I'll be well enough to go to work tomorrow though, but I have to.....

Do you think it's possible to negotiate with your own body? If so, then I'd like to propose the following arrangement, body... Monday, get me well enough so I can go and finish off the urgent paperwork... Tuesday, I can afford to be sick and rest at home, but I have to be better by Wednesday... agaknya boleh tak?

*sigh*... what a hectic working life... I can't even take time off when I'm sick... I am soooooo looking forward to finishing off my leave at the end of this month...

OK, enough whining....

p/s. Adik is doing a lot better... now just waiting for the scabs to heal and drop off before he can go to school again... the cheeky kid's been picking at the scabs and then complaining 'Mama, Adik thakit....' otherwise, he's his usual self.... get well soon OK...

No comments:

Post a Comment