Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Latest bag creations

Over the weekend (before I got really really sick), I tried out a pattern from one of my new books. The end result:-

The size is about 15"x11"x2.5", and is big enough to fit a couple of books and magazines ( I thought it'd be a nice bag for my daughter to use for her 'mengaji' classes). Since a good friend has asked me to make her a document bag, I'm gonna see if she likes this design and make a bigger one for her.

The previous weekend I tried out this pattern from Cath Kidston's new book, Sew! Well, it didn't really require cutting out the pattern cos the book came with all items needed to make the bag on the cover. All I had to do was figure out the instructions hehehe, which wasn't that easy I tell you!

Patience and perseverence has its rewards, and so.....


Looks just like the one in the book, kan? :) It's a nice enough bag, but I think the next time I try it, I'll be making the revised version (the Shopper Tote) instead, cos it uses a lining, is slightly bigger and has a shorter strap.

I am SOOOOO enjoying making bags... just have to find the time to make 'em...

I've already bought the less-than-a-year-old Singer Confidence sewing machine from my mom (which gave her the fantastic excuse to upgrade to the Singer Quantum 9940... damn cool machine I say! but too advanced for me heheh), so am now the proud owner of a real, working sewing machine ya'all!!

Let the sewing continue!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment