Saturday, January 3, 2009

moving...

tonight is officialy our last night here at my parents' house... after 5 years of marriage and 2 kids, we are finally moving to our own place.

it's a huge step for us... for me... this has been my home for the past 16 years...

don't get me wrong, i'm always thrilled to be in my own place. i loved moving into my dorm during freshman year, and similarly loved the whole process and experience of moving into an apartment the next year with my friends... the choosing of the apartment, the furniture hunting, setting up the place, finding stuff to decorate our rooms... having a kitchen to work with (of course, the cooking was basic la... whatdidja expect? :p) going grocery shopping, paying the bills, maintaining the place... it's not like i've never lived on my own before. i know what to expect when it comes to having your own place.

even so... this house is special to me... i've lived here since my younger days... this was also where i first started life as a married woman, and my kids have always known 'Atok & Opah's house' as their own too... this will be a big adjustment for everyone. granted, this move is way overdue, considering that there's now 4 of us living in a 10x14 bedroom and our condo was ready some time ago (read: complete with furniture ok!) but a lot of things happened in between to delay it. and now, this is it! i guess we're lucky in the sense that my parents aren't the kind to insist that all their kids cling to them and stay at home. they're both kinda of the mindset that kids should learn to be independent (but if you're still single and working in kl, stay at home la! don't waste money renting at another place! hehehe) i'm just sorry that they'll get to spend less time with their grandkids. honestly, without the kids in the house, it feels kinda empty without the noise (tears and laughter both).

the good thing is, both kiddies will still lepak here after nursery before we go home to our own place, since my mom (and my dad) don't want the kids to stay at the nursery on overtime. gives them a chance to play with them still every day... i hope mama & abah don't get too lonely without them... of course, they're more than welcome to spend the night at our place anytime! :)

wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. i have moved out from my mom's house as well but i angkut my mom sekali..hahaha.
    but still i feel the sadness jugak sbb rumah tu la yg i duduk eversince i was born.
    sedih, kan?

    wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mrs noba,

    thanks :)
    am still adjusting... feels kinda funny to salam my parents every night & go off to our own place pulak...

    ReplyDelete
  3. n.a.m
    i can relate with u in this... cuma bezanya i tinggal dgn my in-laws after kawin... after abt 6 months of marriage, pindah dok rumah my mom (after my dad passed away).. lepas tu pindah balik masuk rumah my in-laws... pastu pindah pulak menyewa rumah sendiri (masa tgh in early stages of 1st pregnancy)... after delivery, every weekend gi rumah my mom, weekdays i left my son with in-laws while i go to work.. hadis kerja jemput anak & maid balik (kalau tak letih sgt)... kalau letih tido situ.. hehehe... and then my apartment siap in 2005... but we still remained staying with my-in laws... furniture masuk sikit2 and during ramdadhan 2007, baru pindah... itupun kekadang tido gak rumah in-laws... and just before ramadhan 2008, pindah masuk in-laws' balik coz we all jual rumah tu... tapi walaupun dah 'pindah', i still drop my kids & maid at their house.. lepas kerja angkut pulak balik rumah... hehehe

    so now, masih tinggal dgn in-laws sementara tunggu rumah siap in 2010... penat i tell u... hehehehe

    ReplyDelete