Saturday, January 10, 2009

balik kampung

'balik kampung... wooo oooo ooo balik kampung.... wooo oooo ooo balik kampung.... hati riang (or is it girang?)'...

i used to sing that song (not out loud all the time la hehehe) whenever i was planning to 'balik kampung' - be it from the boarding school, or from the states... now that phrase is applicable when i go back to my parents' place, ever since our official move hehehe...

my kids are still adjusting to the move... last night before we left my parents' place after dinner, i told Amani to get ready cos 'kite nak balik rumah'. she looked at me with this confused look on her face and said, 'nak balik rumah kite? banyaknye balik rumah kite...' guess she doesn't quite grasp the concept of moving. she knows the condo is 'rumah kite', but since at the moment she only gets home in time to go to bed, she still spends more time at her atok's place than her own...

this morning, hubby brought them down to the playground before their bath. both kids were thrilled to go (well, Amani excited la nak main swing etc etc... Adik just wanted to run around!!) so that gave me time to do the laundry, put our clothes in order, etc in peace hehe. rupa-rupanya, while they were at the playground, Amani told him she wanted to bathe at her grandparents' place... cos they went down before taking their bath hehehe, which was what they do sometimes at my parents' house during the weekends. hubby of course said no, we bathe here la... then she went on to say she wants to run around in atok & opah's garden... anakku rindu kat kampung rupanya...

so here we are... 'balik kampung'... for the first time my kids can use that phrase to refer to my childhood home...

as for me, i'm still adjusting too... tuning my body-clock to think that 5.30am is a perfectly reasonable time to wake up, and that midnight is the best time to fall asleep... eventually this reduced sleep will lead to some weight loss (i hope!!! my tummy's looking a leeeetle bit more rounded that i what it used to be... aw heck, dah buncit laaaaa, terpaksa ngaku pada diri sendiri! nak diet, tak kuasa beb!). hopefully i can manage to take cat naps every morning on the lrt to keep me alert at work :p on the plus side, this week i've signed in at work early, so i don't feel bad about not staying back too long after office hours hehehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment