Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Counting Down the Days...

Am finally on MC... getting my rest before baby decides to pop out. At last week's checkup, Doc said the baby was already engaged, and he seemed surprised by it too cos this being the 3rd baby, it shouldn't be engaged so early... his final piece of advice was to try and make sure I get past this week before delivering... so I'm trying :)

You can say I finally succumbed to all the nagging my colleagues did about taking care of my own health & the baby's... I felt guilty about not being at work, but the truth is it's not going to work that stresses me out... it's the work itself, and the people involved in it, that drives me crazy (and ultimately clenches my tummy muscles... not good!)

So I've been resting at home since last Thursday, doing light errands, hand-quilting and also taking care of Kakak who's been unwell for the past 3 days.... it really is a relief not to think about work. I haven't even been checking my emails regularly. I field occassional phone calls from work too, but the clearest sign that staying away from work was good for me came yesterday, after I was on the phone for almost an hour with my colleague. The mess that's happening resulting from the changes our current superior was making in many things drove me nuts, cos they basically turned everything that we've been doing for the past few months upside down!

A colleague with a similar EDD has just delivered this morning, and she was actually scheduled for a C-section next week due to high-blood pressure. I guess her blood pressure probably shot up unexpectedly and the doc couldn't wait till next week... alhamdulillah both mom & baby are doing well so far... Now I can't wait for my turn to come, but hopefully it will happen only when the baby is strong enough....

4 comments:

  1. Tq ms lola :) looking forward to the delivery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray everything is smooth sailing insha Allah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tq n.i.! How's yr baby by the way? U dh due some time ago kan? Tp blog sunyi sepi je hehe...

    ReplyDelete